Updated: Jun 2, 2020
With Summer just around the corner, you will probably be in search for a tasty, fresh summer salad to share at your next gathering or a side dish to go with your grilled proteins. If so, you are in luck, because I have the perfect solution for you!
Summer salads are a great way to show off in season fruits, vegetables and herbs. I love all of the vibrant colors and how well they look when they come together.
Click to scroll through the photos below to see my Rainbow Turmeric Cous Cous Salad with Berries and Citrus from Start to Finish.
Taste the Rainbow.
INGREDIENTS: For the Salad
6 Large Strawberries, sliced into coins
1 Cup oranges, chopped
2 TBSP fresh basil leaves, sliced into thin strips
Half of one avocado, cubed
INGREDIENTS: For the Dressing
1/2 Cup fresh orange juice
1 TBSP lime juice
3/4 TBSP olive oil
1/4 TSP himalayan salt
1/4 TSP black pepper
For the dressing: Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and whisk Place in the fridge to cool.
For the salad:
1. Prepare turmeric pearl cous cous by placing 1.5 cups water in a pot over high heat. Once boiling, turn heat down to medium. Add cous cous, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp plant based butter (optional). Cover and cook about 10 minutes or until liquid has dissolved and cous cous is soft and fluffy. Remove from heat to cool.
2. Slice strawberries into coins and place in bowl.
3. Chop oranges and place in the same bowl.
4. Slice fresh basil in strips and cube avocado and place in the same bowl.
5. Once cook cous cous has cooled down, add it to the bowl of fruits and herbs.
6. Pour dressing over salad. Mix and enjoy!