Toasted Coconut Cream Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Holidates
A simple appetizer that will blow everyone away! These Holidates are easy one biters which makes them the perfect holiday snack. Trust me when I say, you won’t be able to just have one.
- 1 8 oz. bag pitted dates
- 1/2 Package bacon, cut in half lengthwise and again widthwise
- 1 Cup cream cheese
- 2 TBSP honey + more for drizzling
- Lemon zest from half a lemon
- Lemon juice from half a lemon
- Fresh crushed black pepper, sprinkled
- Coconut shavings, sprinkled
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and non-stick spray. Set aside. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- If your dates are not cut in half, cut them in half and set aside.
- Make your cream cheese mixture by adding your cream cheese, honey, lemon juice and lemon zest to a bowl. Mix well.
- Cut your bacon in half, set aside.
- Using a ½ TBSP measuring spoon, scoop some of your cream cheese mixture into the cut date and then close it up and wrap it with one piece of bacon. Place on your prepared baking sheet. Continue until all of the dates are stuffed and wrapped.
- Once ready to go in the oven, before placing them in there, drizzle with extra honey over the tops, sprinkle with black pepper and coconut shavings.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.
- When done, remove from heat and let cool.