Restaurant style, right in the comfort of your own home! Pan seared salmon in a tasty tuscan sauce with garlic, tomatoes, spinach, lemon juice and parmesan cheese. It’s lightened up with oat milk, yet still extra creamy, flavorful and a dish to die f
- 4 Salmon filets
- 1 Cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 Cups spinach
- 1 TBSP fresh basil, sliced
- 1 TBSP fresh parsley, minced
- 2 TBSP olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Cup full fat oat milk
- ¼ Cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1-2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- ½ TSP salt
- ¼ TSP black pepper
- ½ TBSP flour sifted, if needed to thicken
- Cut your grape tomatoes in half, set aside. Mince your fresh garlic, set aside. Slice your fresh basil, set aside. Mince your fresh parsley, set aside.
- Rinse your salmon filets and pat dry. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 TBSP olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook your salmon filets skin side up for 5 minutes. Flip and cook skin side down for another 3 minutes. When done, remove from heat.
- Add another TBSP olive oil, add your minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add your tomatoes and cook again for 3-5 minutes until they are tender. Add in spinach and mix everything together.
- Pour in your oat milk, followed by your parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Mix well to combine and place heat on medium low to simmer. Once simmering and a little thickened, add your fresh basil and fresh parsley. Continue simmering for another 1-2 minutes. NOTE: if your sauce is thinner, add a little flour sifted in while whisking to thicken.
- Add your salmon back to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, spooning the sauce over the salmon.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with extra parsley and basil if desired.